I created this soup for something different. You could use beef the flavors work best with the Bison.
This is a big batch
No ratings yet
- 5 lbs ground bison I found mine at Whole Foods
- 64 oz tomato juice
- 4 30 oz can Chilli Beans in Sauce
- 3 28 oz can Tomato Sauce
- 1 each large onion
- 1 Table Spoon salt
- 1 tbsp Ground black pepper
- 1 tbsp Ancho Chilli Powder I use Penzy's
- 1 tbsp Chipotle Chilli Powder I use Penzy's
- 1 tbsp Red Chilli Powder I use Penzy's
- 1/2 cup dark brown sugar
- 5 each Dark Chocolate Kisses
- 1 tpsn ground cummin
- 2 28 oz can crushed tomatos
- 1 tbsp liquid smoke
- 1 cup BBQ Sauce
- 2 lbs bacon used to get the bacon fat
- 1/4 cup red wine
- Dice the onion in a 2 quart pan when onion is translucent add ground bison and brown.
- To get the bacon fat I diced 2 lbs of Bacon and in a frying pan I rendered them to be crisp. Strain the bacon and preserve the fat. Store the bacon for your Loaded Bake potato Soup.
- De glaze the bacon pan with the red wine and reduce slightly
- In a Large stock pot add all ingredients and simmer for about 2 hours
You will need to ajust seasons to taste. You can also use 5 packages of store bought chilli seasoning packets.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!