This is my base cheese sauce that I use for my Mac-n-Cheese. You can also use this sauce on a pasta bar or serve on a sandwich.
I use this sauce on mac-n-cheese, pasta bar or anyplace that calls for a good cheese sauce
0 from 0 votes
- 8 oz Butter
- 8 oz flour
- 4 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tsp smoked paperika Spanish
- 1 lb cream cheese
- 3 lb shredded Sharp Cheddar Cheese
- 1 oz salt
- 3 qt whole milk
- 1 qt heavey cream
- in a large sthick bottom stock pot melt butter
- Add flour and stir and cook over medium heat until smooth
- add 1/3 of the milk and salt whisk until smooth.
- slowly add the balance of the milk and cream whisking until smooth (about 15 minutes)
- Add cheese and remaining ingredants, whisk and slowly heat until metlted and smooth
Use 2 lbs. of shredded cheese and 1 lb. of shredded swiss cheese. This will add another dimension to the sauce
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!