This was a hard soup to male. I kept wanting to add meat and beef stock to it. However I had decided that I know we had some vegetarians at church ( I am praying for them 🙂 ) This would also make a great veggie beef soup by changing the stock to beef and add some chopped up steak or some beef roast chucks.
Vegan Garden Vegtable soup
No ratings yet
Prep Time 45 mins
Cook Time 45 mins
Total Time 1 hr 30 mins
Servings 8 servings
- 4 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp minced garlic
- 2 cups diced leaks white part only
- 1 tsp salt
- 10 oz diced carrots rounds or chips work well also
- 1 lb diced red potatoes dice
- 2 cups cut green beans canned will work also
- 2 quarts Vegatble stock I use Kitchen Basics
- 2 30oz can diced tomatoes Fresh is always better
- 16 oz frozen corn Use fresh if you have it
- 1 tsp black bepper
- 3 stalks fresh rosmary keeps whole to be removed later
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley
- 2 tsp lemon juice
- in a large sauce pan put the olive oil, leaks, salt and garlic and cook until soft, about 8 minutes over medium heat stirring to keep them from burning.
- Add carrots, potatoes, and beans and cook for 5-6 minutes.
- Add stock and increase heat to a boil
- Add corn, rosemary, and pepper return to a boil
- reduce to a simmer and add tomates
- reduce to simmer and cover and cook for 30 minutes util vegetables are tender
- remove rosemary stalks and disgard
- remove from heat, add parsley, and lemon juice
You change things up and use lime juice and cilantro in place of the lemon juice and parsley.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!