This was a hard soup to male. I kept wanting to add meat and beef stock to it. However I had decided that I know we had some vegetarians at church ( I am praying for them 🙂 ) This would also make a great veggie beef soup by changing the stock to beef and add some chopped up steak or some beef roast chucks.
Vegan Garden Vegtable soup
- 4 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp minced garlic
- 2 cups diced leaks white part only
- 1 tsp salt
- 10 oz diced carrots rounds or chips work well also
- 1 lb diced red potatoes dice
- 2 cups cut green beans canned will work also
- 2 quarts Vegatble stock I use Kitchen Basics
- 2 30oz can diced tomatoes Fresh is always better
- 16 oz frozen corn Use fresh if you have it
- 1 tsp black bepper
- 3 stalks fresh rosmary keeps whole to be removed later
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley
- 2 tsp lemon juice
- in a large sauce pan put the olive oil, leaks, salt and garlic and cook until soft, about 8 minutes over medium heat stirring to keep them from burning.
- Add carrots, potatoes, and beans and cook for 5-6 minutes.
- Add stock and increase heat to a boil
- Add corn, rosemary, and pepper return to a boil
- reduce to a simmer and add tomates
- reduce to simmer and cover and cook for 30 minutes util vegetables are tender
- remove rosemary stalks and disgard
- remove from heat, add parsley, and lemon juice